Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Gardening

It was a happy weekend for Martha who visited several garden centres and purchased new pots and bedding plants and compost.

Her first visit was on Saturday when Filipa took Martha to Homebase and Wyevale. She purchased Bizzie Lizzies a tomato plant and five small Ghost Koi for the pond.

Unfortunately Kiri, Kiri, Kiri, The Orphan, Mute Boy and myself had been up all night tripping the light fantastic and as a result had lost the use of most of our limbs and were blatantly incoherent.

So when the troop departed and Martha got me out into the garden I was neither use nor ornament. Every time she sent me into the house to do something I forgot what I was doing and would appear half an hour later with completely the wrong thing.

When Martha gave me the bag of Ghost Koi it appeared to have nothing in it, but I thought that was a by product of the night before, so I just poured the water in and said nothing. I'm not sure if there was anything actually in there because we havent seen them since.

Ironically he who should have been most hindrance turned out to be the most help.

Trotter escaped into the garden due to one of my aimless meanderings and rushed full of deranged excitement towards the new bag of compost, only to be suddenly distracted by a bag of bizzie lizzies instead. The boy pounced. I had him by the collar while Martha wrestled with the bag, we wrestled and Trotter tugged.

All of a sudden the little plants popped, one by one, out of their plastic container and I fell over backwards with Trotter.

Martha said I was bloody useless and sent me to bed, and gave Trotter a pat on the head to thank him for getting the notoriously difficult to remove plants from the container.

No comments: