Monday, February 05, 2007

Goose today, gone tomorrow


I went to the river yesterday with the intention of feeding the homeless street ducks who stand nervously on the bank where they are eyed suspiciously by the Swans, coots and seagulls who noisily patrol the water.

To my surprise there were no street ducks by the waters edge, instead I discovered these 2 street geese, who calmly approached and looked up at me from their beady geese eye's.

As you know I have been mugged for my sandwiches before by starving street ducks so I viewed the geese with suspicion. But all they did was stand there with their heads cocked to one side as if listening to the pavement for some arcane message. They looked all a bit autistic and possibly impaired.

I ignored the swans, the coots and the circling gulls and fed the geese instead.

I was filled with a sense of enormous well being and went home on a cloud.

Unfortunately upon my return I discovered that one of the pets had pissed on my bed so the cloud evaporated and I dropped like a lead balloon, which wasn't nice at all actually.

No comments: