Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Baubles, Bangles and Beads.

It was a heavy weekend.

I returned from Justins around midday and surprisingly felt rather good. I decided to start making my costume for the comic book hero party at the pub and travelled all the way to the Cowley Road in search of Blue Glass Beads for a bracelet.

£40 later I returned home clutching all manner of jewellery making equipment and materials and spent the rest of the afternoon drilling holes into sea shells and snail shells, and threading brightly coloured beads onto lengths of copper wire.

Gruey came round and was astonished to find me so active.

The Marks came round and were astonished to find me at home.

Giggsey Girl the stupid slug face was astonished by the beads and shells and copper wire and kept trying to sneak an inquisitive paw on the table to hook something off.

5 hours later I had completed my beautiful bracelet for my outfit, as Niamh, from Slaine the King. I was very excited and pleased with myself as it was a proper work of art.

It is rather a shame that the theme for the party is no longer 'comics' but 'super heroes', as Niamh is definately not a super hero.

I am at a loss for what to do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How does one weigh a weekend?

What are the units of measure, metric or imperial?

Is an estimate adequate?

What would a "light" weekend be like?

What is there between light and heavy?

I shall be referring to Fillipa on this one who tends to measure the days of the week as a series of highs and lows. Sometimes even very highs and very lows.

Fatface said...

Heavy 1.Having great weight 2. dense 3.hard to digest or understand 4.dull or tedious 5.serious.

You are correct, it was none of the above. Although, in fairness, what I get up to at the weekend may be difficult to digest or understand by those who are not me. Sometimes even I don't know what the fuck i'm up to and this can lead to be ending up in all sorts of unusual situations.

As this blog is dedicated to the works of Trotter and Fing I shall not digress any further, but add that Trotter and Fing are not described by the word 'Heavy' either.